.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Diary of a Mad Woman

I'm not really mad, it's just a twist on an Ozzy song. It's about who I am, writing, and what goes on in my life and my head.


Monday, January 09, 2006

Had To Take Mom to the Hospital.

My mom hit her hand on her desk and it looked broke(her hand, not the desk) so I took her to the hospitial to have it x-rayed.

One thing you should know about my mother is she's what some people call "psychic." She's not like Miss Cleo psychic, she's for real like a real life version of the woman on Medium.

Anyway, she hates hospitals because there are so many ghosts around it overwhelms her unless she shuts them out. The hospital was busy tonight, with living and dead patients. Another thing you need to know is I inherited her abilities to a certain degree but I won't go into too many details about that so as not to freak anyone out or start some argument about what exists and why aren't we picking lotto numbers.
Suffice it to say I block things out by recounting episodes of the X-files. I don't know why it works, it just does. Especially the episode where scully is getting treated for her cancer. Strange but true.

Anyway, again, her hand wasn't broken she just ruptured some blood vessels but she still needs to take care of it like it's broken(ice, elavate, the whole RICE thing, ask chloe. I come from three generations of RN's on both sides of my family and have dealt with this whole medicine thing my whole life so i already know the drill and mom does too).

They put her in this room with and old man and a drunk who was depressed because his son tried to kill himself by taking 25 vicodin and it doesn't look like he's gonna make it. About the old man, I peeked at his monitor, his vitals were good(pulse 68,pulseox 98,respiration 16 all whilst hooked up to oxygen, i don't know the amount), except his blood pressure which was 148/64 which is kind of indicitive of a stroke. Even though his doctor said everything was fine and wanted to keep him just overnight and his vitals were basically good I just looked at his monitor and thought "he's gonna die." I don't know what came over me but I just got a feeling like he was already gone. Maybe it's from seeing so much death in my life or my "psychic abilities" but it was just the weirdest feeling. As for the drunk whose son OD'd on vicodin I felt like he was gonna live. He had to be life flighted somewhere else but I live in the middle of nowhere and a cold would get life flighted out so I wasn't too worried. Again, I don't know if it was the whole Medium thing or medical knowledge or both but it freaked me out. It always does.

I guess I hate hospitals too.

1 Comments:

At 9:01 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, I hope her hand gets better soon.
I don't think its strange at all that you have those feelings.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Website Counters